Thursday, March 13, 2008

Its been a while

So I am sitting at Gallup interviewing people as I write this... I've been thinking a lot about life and how we live it. I wouldn't call myself a real philosophical guy, but for some reason I have been thinking about it a lot.

This last semester of school I took off and went to Africa and stayed there for three months. If you read the earlier blogs then you can hear all about it. Since getting back, I returned to school, started working again, and am back to the normal style of living that I was used to before I left. A lot has changed since getting back. Mainly my perspective. While in Africa, my eyes were opened a little...to what life is like outside of what I thought was normal. It made me wonder what really is normal I suppose. We are all growing up in a culture that tells us to go to school, then college, then get your 40 now 50 hour jobs, get married, and then retire on your 2 million dollar 401(k). We are like a big assembly line...except we are the product being made while the belt pulls us through. yikes.. What if there was a generation that dared to be different? What if God has called you to something that will make you trust in a system different that one that seems to "work" for everyone else?



No comments: