Friday, July 11, 2008

Keep Movin

I'm sitting here at 3:30 AM and cannot sleep. There is too much on my mind or maybe life is going too fast and i just refuse to let sleep take my thoughts and suppress them until another day. I could do that every night and never really deal with anything... wierd. I wonder how many people there are out there who have so many problems and things that they need to deal with, but every night fall asleep on that same pillow and let the nite take thier thoughts away. Or here's my problem. How many people are there who have opportunity knocking at the door or have decisions to make for the benefit of their future, but almost lack the desire to finally just sit down and take steps for themselves because they feel like there is always more time. I guess I never doubt very much. I feel confident of my future. I feel confident that I will succeed. I am in school so technically I have the "i am building my future right now so i can sit around and do whatever i want when i get my homework done because everything will just fall into place when i get my degree" card. BUT I really don't want to fall into that hole. That mentality will leak into my whole life if I let it at this point.

So I have to ask myself... What are my next steps. Well. First I need to keep my focus on God's plan for my life. I still have the burning passion for missions. It has been so encouraging because I have made another friend who also has the same desires. Good one God. So I am still pretty confident that I will be doing missions, but I don't know where and when. I like it that way. ;) If I can just keep growing in my relationship with God then His path for my life will be perfect. Now back to what I was saying earlier... He has a plan, but I must walk. I must take risks and try new things and see if that is where God wants me. When I can't hear Him I walk and wait for doors to open or close. I just need to keep moving. Satan wants me (and every other college student/people who have no real responsibilities or areas they are tied down to in life) to just be the "whatever" people. The people who are just waiting for success...or waiting for someone to ask them to get involved at church...or waiting for someone start the business...or maybe flat out waiting for God to use them. What a waste of time. Yeah we must wait on God's timing, but He definitely doesn't just have one area in our life that he is planning for us. I just pray that I am not sitting around waiting for God to lead me somewhere or to give me success when all along He is waiting for ME to take a few steps of my own.

1 comment:

b.sue said...

"I just pray that I am not sitting around waiting for God to lead me somewhere or to give me success when all along He is waiting for ME to take a few steps of my own."

best line.