Sunday, July 13, 2008

Learning

What is it with all the questions...

Today at church my pastor (Bryan Clark) had an amazing sermon that made me question how I live each day. Jesus was hated and crucified because of His beliefs. In India several of our pastors are being persecuted terribly because of their faith. One of my friends in Kenya was excommunicated from the rest of his family because he decided to follow God. I went to church today with a couple thousand other believers and what happened to me? nothing. I have no persecution from people around me, but yet my brothers around the world are being beat because of it. How am I supposed to sit here and forget about that. Is this another one of those things that i sleep off every night. Something that I don't deal with? Something that doesn't effect me so I just forget about it... this sucks. Yeah, just cuz we aren't persecuted doesn't mean we are in the wrong. We are blessed to be in the nation we are with the freedom of religion, but on the other hand does it mean that it is right to be sitting here with all our freedom and knowledge of God and not be bold and courageous with it. It is a decision we must make.

So what am I doing? I am finishing school. Why? So that I will not have anything that can hold me back from missions. Most missions organizations require a degree so that is my main reason for getting one. This may be one of the hardest decisions I have made for my future. To know there are helpless, dieing people who have not verbally heard the message of salvation while sitting in a class at the university just about kills me. I have to trust God's timing though. This part of my life does not make sense to me and seems like a waste of precious time, but I have talked to many pastors who have told me that I should stay the course and finish school. I have to trust that God is speaking through them.

I got some more pics... enough of me talkin ;)





I can't take full credit for these pics...
one of them isnt mine
but it was on my camera...hmm ;)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're doing the right thing.. even though i think school is over-rated (i have no room to talk though) and just think your gonna be done in a year and the free to go anywhere God wants to take you ( i think Kenya is calling you again personally)

jason harms said...

thanks for the encouragement monique. you know ide be back in kenya in a heart beat...